I Need to Write Better
When I set out to write any of my articles/posts, I generally have a direction I’d like to pursue, or a topic I’d like to rant about. However, as I type and discover that my thoughts often amount to less than an ideal amount of words, I end up padding the page with a lot of obscure and random thoughts. These tangents definitely stray from the original topic, and are probably the cause for a drop in perceived legitimacy.
A Plan of Action
My plan of action for today is to establish a five point plan to focus future writing and enable heightened continuity. It is my hope that I can adhere to this doctrine of writing, and set a new standard for personal quality.
- STAY ON POINT (Stop straying from the topic)
- INCLUDE TWO IMAGES (It’s minor, but it is helpful)
- COMPLETE THE THOUGHT (No more direction shifts halfway through a sentence)
- EDIT AND SELF CHECK (Stop posting without reading back)
- REMEMBER THE AUDIENCE (Speak to people, not just search engines!)
If you think I’m missing anything in my quest for better writing, by all means let me know. I never claimed to be a write, I just happen to be able to put a few words together and have publishing ability.